Thursday, January 5, 2012

Flu Season


Flu season is in full swing. Just ask my family. Jeffrey came home feeling ill on New Year's Eve...chills, vomiting, diarrhea. It then progressed to Josh, Meghan, Ali, my mom, and then myself. All in under a week. Whew! We are tuckered out, irritable, and ready to get out of this house!!

The kids were supposed to start back to school today, but I kept them home, since they were still stick yesterday. They are anxious to go back tomorrow. They are fighting with each other like crazy, and in all honesty, they are driving me batty. :-)

I suppose there is no way to fully avoid the flu, but there are steps you can take. I want to advise everyone to do so. Having just gone through a rough week, which sent one child to the emergency room, I want to prevent others from enduring something this icky! (Yes, icky is my technical term for this virus.)

So, here is my advice for everyone...

  • If you are sick, please stay home!! Try to spare others from suffering like you are.
  • Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. If you don't have a tissue handy, use the crook of your arm.
  • Wash your hands with soap and water...often!! If you aren't near soap and water, use the alcohol based hand sanitizer, but always go for good ol' soap and water first. Wash often...after going to the bathroom, before eating, etc.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, so that you don't spread germs.
  • Avoid close contact with sick people. I am not telling you not to help out sick people. If they need you to run to the store, do so, but make sure you leave the stuff outside their door. You don't need to actually come into contact with them to show them that you care.

So, good luck out there my friends. Protect yourself and others during this flu season. It's the right thing to do! :-)

1 comment:

qwe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.